Man Utd to decide on Sergio Reguilon transfer 'soon' as Tottenham attempt hijack

HomeSport

Man Utd to decide on Sergio Reguilon transfer 'soon' as Tottenham attempt hijack

Manchester United will decide on signing Real Madrid star Sergo Reguilon ‘soon’, it has been claimed. The left-back sparkled for Sevilla last term

Motorcyclist going 178 mph on Georgia freeway, but police don't attempt to stop super speeder
Man charged with arson in attempt to set police cars on fire during Seattle protest
Liverpool will attempt to complete Thiago Alcantara transfer on one condition


Manchester United will decide on signing Real Madrid star Sergo Reguilon ‘soon’, it has been claimed. The left-back sparkled for Sevilla last term as the Spanish side won the Europa League. But he now looks likely to leave the Bernabeu, with Tottenham also keen.

Manchester United have been offered the chance to sign Reguilon from Real Madrid this summer.

The left-back will be allowed to leave the Bernabeu either permanently or on loan, with Marcelo and Ferland Mendy ahead of him in Zinedine Zidane’s pecking order.

United are also well-stocked at the back, with Luke Shaw, Brandon Williams, Diogo Dalot and Tim Fosu-Mensah all capable of playing in Reguilon’s position.

However, journalist Fabrizio Romano has claimed the club will ‘soon’ decide whether they’ll take the 23-year-old at Old Trafford.

He said on Twitter: “Reguilon has been offered to Man Utd and they’re gonna decide soon.”

United know all about Reguilon.

THINK YOU KNOW FOOTBALL? Football quiz questions and answers: 15 questions and answers for your home pub quiz

“I’m going day by day,” he said recently while on international duty.

“If I’m thinking about calls and my future, I wouldn’t be able to enjoy being with the national team. Obviously Real Madrid is my home, but it’s not easy… I have all the factors in mind.”

Meanwhile, journalist Duncan Castles has claimed United want to sign Jadon Sancho and two others before the transfer window slams shut on October 5.

Castles said on the Transfer Window podcast: “[Solskjaer] had identified far in advance a desire to improve, certainly on the right wing and this long pursuit of Jadon Sancho, which Manchester United believed they had almost there a few weeks ago but have failed to complete to this stage.

“[They] have been prioritising in terms of that position on right wing, concentrating their efforts on getting Sancho done rather than moving to alternative potential targets such as Ousmane Dembele who they’ve had preliminary conversations about.

THINK YOU KNOW SPORT? Test your sporting knowledge with our tricky quiz

“He would like to strengthen at left-back, he would like a left-footed centre-back who’s capable of playing the ball out of the back to improve his defensive options.

“He had been asking for a midfielder, the midfielder obviously is there.”

Castles’ co-host Ian McGarry claims Solskjaer outlined his frustration at the lack of signings this summer at a meeting earlier this week.

McGarry said: “I’m told that there was a meeting at Carrington training ground earlier this week in which Ole Gunnar Solskjaer met with some of the recruitment staff, including Matt Judge who’s the guy who basically recommends and makes decisions on players before it goes upstairs to Ed Woodward.

“[Solskjaer] expressed his frustration and, unsurprisingly, with Manchester City already ahead in the window with the signings of Nathan Ake and Ferran Torres, Chelsea spending like drunken yuppies it seems on all parts of the team, Solskjaer is concerned that despite the fact he has been flagging up for weeks and months now where he sees the team needs to be strengthened, they are lagging behind their rivals.”



COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: