Pensioner blows his house up while trying to kill a fly with electrified bug swatter

HomeWorld

Pensioner blows his house up while trying to kill a fly with electrified bug swatter

Pensioner blows his house up while trying to kill a fly with electrified bug swatterThe man, 80, blew up the kitchen and the roof of h

Britain's top surgeon admits 'we've never had to deal with anything like this' with NHS waiting list
China will not carry out mass vaccinations on its population, Beijing's health chief says 
18 facts about country billboards that will impress your friends


Pensioner blows his house up while trying to kill a fly with electrified bug swatter

  • The man, 80, blew up the kitchen and the roof of his home in the Dordogne
  • He used an electric tennis racket-like contraption to attempt to swat the fly
  • But gas had been leaking into his house and the electricity caused an explosion
  • The pensioner escaped with a burned hand and has been treated in hospital 

A French pensioner blew up his kitchen and the roof above it while trying to kill a buzzing fly who was disturbing his dinner.

The horrifying incident took place in the Dordogne village of Parcoul-Chenaud, north east of Bordeaux, on Friday.

Irritated by the fly on a sultry evening, the 80-year-old, who has not been named, took out an electronic bug zapper.

A French pensioner blew up his kitchen and the roof above it while trying to kill a fly with an electronic zapper (stock image)

A French pensioner blew up his kitchen and the roof above it while trying to kill a fly with an electronic zapper (stock image)

A French pensioner blew up his kitchen and the roof above it while trying to kill a fly with an electronic zapper (stock image)

The contraption – which looks like a tennis racket – is designed to burn insects the moment there is contact.

‘On this occasion, gas was leaking into the man’s house,’ said an investigating source. ‘The very hot zapper ignited the gas, causing a sudden explosion.

‘The man was lucky to get away with a burned hand after diving on the floor, but the kitchen was destroyed along with part of the roof.’

The fly had been disturbing the man while he was eating dinner but the gas had been left on, causing an explosion when he used the electronic swatter

The fly had been disturbing the man while he was eating dinner but the gas had been left on, causing an explosion when he used the electronic swatter

The fly had been disturbing the man while he was eating dinner but the gas had been left on, causing an explosion when he used the electronic swatter

The man was treated in hospital in Libourne following the disaster, which happened at around 7.45pm.

He has not been allowed to return to the house, and is instead staying in a local campsite until repairs are carried out.

It is not known whether the fly survived the blast, but it appeared that it had at least escaped being incinerated by the zapper.

In 2007, a two-year-old Thai boy ended up in hospital in Bangkok with severe burns caused by an electric zapper.

The horrifying incident took place in the Dordogne village of Parcoul-Chenaud (pictured), north east of Bordeaux, on Friday

The horrifying incident took place in the Dordogne village of Parcoul-Chenaud (pictured), north east of Bordeaux, on Friday

The horrifying incident took place in the Dordogne village of Parcoul-Chenaud (pictured), north east of Bordeaux, on Friday

The child’s father had been using the device to kill a mosquito in a workroom containing flammable adhesive glue that had ended up on the floor.

After the insect made contact with the metallic mesh screen, an electrical arc was generated, and the insect was incinerated.

The boy then placed the hot swatter on to the floor, which ignited the glue and then the boy’s clothing.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: